Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Mum's Dining Room Table

The title for my blog comes from the name of a cookbook I created.  For years I had all of my Mum's recipes; hand written and cut out of newspapers and magazines.  She was known in our family and in her circle of friends as an outstanding cook.  She dug Julia and many others.  In her final months I began creating a cookbook with all of our faves.  I told her everyday of the latest entries.  Check out tastebook.com for help with your own.  What she was most noted for were her Christmas Cookies.  She began right after Thanksgiving and by Christmas the freezer in the laundry room was loaded.  After brunch and presents on Christmas morning we lined up the containers of cookies on Mum's Dining Room Table and filled gift boxes for all of us to take home and to hand out to neighbors and special friends.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment